Time to Change Wales Champions are volunteers with experience of mental health problems who are at the heart of our campaign, challenging stigma in their own communities, campaigning in the media and sharing their stories.
- Share their story with employers and community groups
- Help out at events and get involved with community projects
- Write blogs for our website
Some Champions also volunteer at our offices, contribute to press and media stories or help the campaign online.
Become a Young People's Champion
We’re on the lookout for volunteers who are passionate about reducing the stigma and discrimination around mental health to help us with our new Young People’s Programme. You might have your own experiences or be close to someone who has. Ideally you’ll be aged 18-30 but we’re happy to hear from people of any age who have a close tie to young people, for example those who work with them or who have teenage children of their own.
As a Young People’s Champion you’ll have the chance to:
- Receive training and support to share your story at schools, universities and youth groups
- Represent TTCW at young people’s events
- Play a part in our upcoming social media campaigns and help shape what we do next
- Write blogs or create videos for our website
If you’ve got other ideas or ways you’d like to help with our young people’s campaign, we’d love to hear them.